The main parts of wheat are bran and germ. The first is the outer layer and fibrous, and the germ is the center: source of essential fatty acids and vitamins in wheat. The internal part of the seed that is removed during the refinement results in the white flour.
- Contains plant-based protein, B and E complex vitamins, folic acid, thiamine, minerals such as phosphorus, zinc, selenium, potassium, iron, and low sodium content.
- The germ of wheat by not having purines, is a food directed to those people who have a high level of uric acid. For this reason, it helps prevent attacks in gout patients.
- Does not contain cholesterol , which benefits the circulatory system and our heart.
- Given its high protein content, wheat germ is a food specially recommended for muscle development , and its contribution in iron benefits those who practice intense training.
- Being rich in potassium, helps a good circulation, regulating blood pressure , could even prevent rheumatic diseases or arthritis.
- The high content in zinc facilitates to our organism the assimilation and the storage of the insulin, the cicatrization of wounds and to metabolize the proteins. It also fights fatigue and is involved in the transport of vitamin A into the retina.
- Taking wheat germ, being among the foods rich in fiber, helps to promote intestinal transit.
- Vitamin B2 can help fight migraines, maintain good eye health and reduce nervous problems such as insomnia, anxiety or stress .
Diseases such as psoriasis or eczema can be improved by using wheat germ as well as sunburns and sunburns and skin rashes, while also improving the appearance of dry skin.
- Its antioxidant properties allow to delay the aging of the skin, preventing wrinkles and flaccid skin.
- It improves the appearance of dry hair, eliminates frizz and closes the cuticle on hair heavily damaged by chemicals and heat.
Massaging hair with wheat germ can promote hair growth and keep hair follicles healthy.
What is the best way to consume it?
It is preferable to use fresh flour because it conserves the most nutrients with minimal oxidation. In contrast, wheat flour stored at room temperature for a week loses much of its vitamins and nutrients. As for the wheat germ, use it immediately because it becomes rancid almost as quickly as uncooked milk.
Try this rich recipe:
Apple and cereal sorbet
- 1 apple chopped
- 120 ml light yogurt
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon granola
- Ice cubes to taste
Put all the ingredients in the blender, mix well for a few seconds, and accompany as part of the breakfast.
NOTE: IT IS NOT WHAT YOU EAT, BUT WHERE YOU EAT IT